These providers are environmentally and culturally responsible. They are continuously working to better their operations and enhance their sustainable practices and are working to become exemplary industry leaders.
Rann Riders by Kaafila
Little Rann of Kutch
- Activities / Special Features
- Opening Times
- Children Policy
- The lodge arranges safaris across Little Rann of Kutch’s salt flats, wetlands and grasslands in jeeps, camel carts, well-reared horses or bikes. The safaris can be customised based on individual interest in birding, fishing, local art and culture or archaeological sites like the Modhera Sun Temple, Patan and Munsar Tank. Dasada and its nearby villages are inhabited by interesting communities, including pastoral groups. Their exquisite beadwork, embroidery and weaves can be purchased during your trip. Take part in the festivals here if you can. One can take a camel cart ride in the village to meet the Rabari and Mir community. Take a walk through the local market to see fresh produce grown in the village or go for a head massage at the local barber shop.
- Rann Riders’ cottages are a curious hybrid of traditional decor and modern comforts. The cottages have been designed along the lines of the kooba houses of Dasada’s Bajania community and the bhunga dwellings of Kutch’s Rabaris. Each cottage has an a/c twin-bedroom with a comfortable cane bed, mini-bar, a dry dressing area and a tiled bathroom with western-style toilet fittings and hot-and-cold showers.
- Rann Riders offers a range of cuisines, including regional specialities made using fresh local produce with ample choices for both vegetarians and meat-lovers. Named after the state bird of Gujarat, the Flamingo Restaurant features local handicraft, traditional utensils and a model of a rural kitchen. Indian and international cuisines, regional specialties and the owner's house specials can be served on the buffet table, pre-plated or camp-style around a fire.
- Open throughout the year.
- Nearest Airport: Ahmedabad (101 km) Nearest railhead: Viramgam (31 km)Nearest park gate: Wild Ass Sanctuary (86 km)
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- From £116 From price based on lowest category room per night. Enquire direct to get full range of pricing and to book.
- In-house lodge naturalist
- Credit cards accepted
- Swimming pool
- Wheelchair access
- Wifi access
Further Information and Booking:
Visit Website Email Contact Contact Number
Little Rann of Kutch
Dasada is a small village in Surendranagar district in Gujarat that serves as an ideal base to explore the Little Rann of Kutch - the largest wildlife sanctuary in India. It is also a great destination to soak in the rich culture and heritage of this region. The section of the Rann of Kutch, which is mostly a salt-marsh area, is referred to as the Little Rann of Kutch. The monsoon showers result in the entire desert being submerged in shallow water creating a breath-taking mirror effect. It a Read more>>
Other PUG Lodges In This Park
Other Parks To Combine
Gir National Park
The Gir Forest National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary is a forest and wildlife sanctuary in Gujarat,...
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Wildland AdventuresUnited States
Wildland Adventures is rated the Best ‘Do-It-All’ Outfitter by National Geographic Adventure....
Wilderness TravelUnited States
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking adventures throughout...
Next AdventureUnited States
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 to exclusively provide customised safari arrangements for...
Natural Habitat AdventuresUnited States
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel and ecotourism...