These providers are environmentally and culturally responsible. They are continuously working to better their operations and enhance their sustainable practices and are working to become exemplary industry leaders.
Periyar Tiger Reserve
- Activities / Special Features
- Opening Times
- Children Policy
- Visits to Periyar Tiger Reserve, local market, tribal villages and spice plantations; nature walks; trips to vegetable farms, vineyards; tribal dance, kathakali and kalaripayattu demonstrations in nearby cultural centres
- Rooms are of two types: Terraced rooms (with an open sit-out upstairs) and Secret Gardens (with a private garden area). No two rooms are the same, but all are equally roomy. Stone and brick facades add a rustic feel to the place. Natural materials have been used wherever possible.
- We serve up filling breakfasts with all the homemade peanut butter, jams and preserve you want. Tea and coffee are aplenty. For other meals, just take a walk down the road to the market and enjoy delectable Kerala, North Indian, Chinese and continental dishes fit for every budget and taste.
- The lodge is open throughout the year.
- Nearest airports: Madurai (140 km), Kochi (180 km)
Nearest Railhead: Kottayam (107 km)Nearest Park gate: Periyar (500 meters)
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- From £69 From price based on lowest category room per night. Enquire direct to get full range of pricing and to book.
- Credit cards accepted
- Wifi access
Further Information and Booking:
Visit Website Email Contact Contact Number
Periyar Tiger Reserve
The Periyar Tiger Reserve in ‘God’s Own Country’ of Kerala is a spectacular expanse of greenery and seemingly unending chain of hills in the southern region of the Western Ghats, with some of the best wildlife activities for keen wildlife visitors to enjoy. The reserve along the river Periyar, which originates in the heart of these forests, spreads over an area of 925 sq km amidst Thekkady’s spice-scented Cardamom Hills. More than 60 species of mammals are found here; including the Asiat Read more>>
Other PUG Lodges In This Park
Spice Village, Thekkady
Nestled in Kerala’s spice-scented Thekkady highlands, Spice Village was conceived in 1991 at the beginning...
Other Parks To Combine
Valparai is a mid-elevation hill station in the Coimbatore district of Tamil Nadu, India. Located...
Nilgiris - Cherambadi - Mudumalai
You can lose yourself in the lush green forests of the Nilgiris and return to experience it...
Nagarhole Tiger Reserve
Nagarhole is a combination of two Kannada terms, 'Nagara' meaning 'Cobra' and 'Hole' meaning...
Coorg, also known by its local name Kodagu, is a district of Karnataka. The region spans about...
Bandipur Tiger Reserve
Famous for its significant tiger and elephant population and protected sandalwood trees, Bandipur...
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Wilderness TravelUnited States
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking adventures throughout...
Natural Habitat AdventuresUnited States
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel and ecotourism...
Wildland AdventuresUnited States
Wildland Adventures is rated the Best ‘Do-It-All’ Outfitter by National Geographic Adventure....
Next AdventureUnited States
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 to exclusively provide customised safari arrangements for...