These are exemplary industry leaders. These providers have a positive impact on the environment, local communities and their clients. They invest both time and money to maintain sustainable tourism practices.
Woods At Sasan Resort and Spa
Gir National Park
- Activities / Special Features
- Opening Times
- Children Policy
- Therapeutic and cosmetic treatments at the in-house spa ‘Som’, cooking classes, puppet shows, pottery classes, dining experiences in the nearby village, trips to the Veraval fish market, cycling, village wedding experiences, nature walks, vintage car rides, and jungle safaris to see the lion prides are some of the activities offered here. The old Portuguese settlement of Diu, the medieval city of Junagadh and the temple town of Somnath are all a short drive from here.
- The resort offers accommodation with breath-taking views in 38 tastefully-furnished units of four different types - The Woods Studios, The Woods Studios with Terrace, The Woods Pavilions and The Woods Villa. These units have been built using indigenous materials and local craftsmen with minimal intrusions to the natural terrain and foliage.
- There are two restaurants at Woods at Sasan that provide tasty and fresh meals to guests. While ‘Swadesh’ specialises in fare influenced by the regional flavours of Gujarat, the ‘Terracotta Restaurant & Terrace’ is an all-day restaurant with al fresco dining inspired by both local and global cuisines.
- Closed from 16th June to 15th October every year
- Nearest airport: Diu Airport (58km) Nearest Railhead: Somnath (45km), Junagadh (52km), Gondal (117km)
- Children of all ages are welcome. The lodge has a kid’s playroom offering a range of games, toys and educational activities. Cookery classes are also organised for children.
- From £308 From price based on lowest category room per night. Enquire direct to get full range of pricing and to book.
- In-house lodge naturalist
- Credit cards accepted
- Swimming pool
- Wheelchair access
- Wifi access
Further Information and Booking:
Visit Website Email Contact Contact Number
Gir National Park
Rugged, scraggly, brown and dry, Gir is best known as the last bastion of the Asiatic lion. A beautiful hilly but harsh and thorny habitat in southern Gujarat, it is the last remnant of native landscape within the Saurashtra peninsula, yet often compared with the African bushveld. Old lion adversaries including leopards, hyenas, jackals and sloth bears live here too. The lions that once ranged from Asia Minor to the northern plains of India almost came to the brink of extinction due to a combin Read more>>
Other PUG Lodges In This Park
The Fern Gir Forest Resort
In the land of the famous Asiatic lions at Sasan Gir, The Fern Gir Forest Resort offers 40 well-appointed,...
Other Parks To Combine
Little Rann of Kutch
Dasada is a small village in Surendranagar district in Gujarat that serves as an ideal base...
Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve
Ranthambhore National Park is part of the much large 1333sq km Ranthambhore Tiger reserve,...
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Next AdventureUnited States
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 to exclusively provide customised safari arrangements for...
Wildland AdventuresUnited States
Wildland Adventures is rated the Best ‘Do-It-All’ Outfitter by National Geographic Adventure....
Wilderness TravelUnited States
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking adventures throughout...
Natural Habitat AdventuresUnited States
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel and ecotourism...