- To improve the ecological and economic sustainability of tourism destinations, with special focus on the wildlands and wildlife across South Asia
- To work as a change maker with governments, communities and the private sector to realise positive and sustainable outcomes for everyone
Your Benefits of Membership
Each accommodation provider joining TOFTigers membership and achieving the PUG or Footprint certification:
- Can state their support for the TOFTigers campaign in accommodation brochures, literature and websites incorporating a TOFTigers‘ logo and mission statement where required. You can also display the appropriate ‘Certified Eco-friendly ’ Logo, and your ranking logo as required.
- Will be marketed as a TOFTigers accommodation member to destination management companies, travel agents, OTA’s and international tour operators in India and abroad, and through TOFTigers publications like the Great Wildlife Travel Guide, or others being planned.
- Will be linked to the TOFTigers website as an accommodation partner, with privileged ranking/preferences according to their Eco-certification ranking.
- Will receive a detailed independent report on their operations that will help providers to save costs, save energy, improve their operational efficiency and prove their active support of their local environment to clients, agents, operators, the Park and Government ministries.
- Will be acknowledged as a member of the TOFTigers campaign in literature, publicity and PR that is undertaken to promote all sustainable travel including, wildlife based tourism in India and abroad.
- Will be informed of projects, initiatives, training and activities that are carried out by TOFTigers by regular email updates, social media, newsflashes and visits to their premises or offices.
- Will be invited to partake in actions or projects that will offer their clients more interesting activities, help stimulate projects and conservation initiatives that are possible to include on their visitors’ itineraries or marketed as part of their sales drive.
- Our mission objectives are best achieved by collective action and the partnership of all those involved in the provision of sustainable tourism in key destinations, both buyers and suppliers, with local, domestic and International support, especially in fragile wildlife and wilderness destinations.
Online Certification Signup
You ARE NOW ABOUT TO START THE
TOFTIGERS STEP ONE OF THE CERTIFICATION PROCESS
This online form will take you about 20 minutes to fill in and is the first step to getting on your certification journey, for either PUG or Footprint certification.
Not only will we now get your key contact details but we will also get some idea of your establishment and its operations through simple YES/NO answers. This forms the basic information needed for the onsite audit team, and should be filled in by the owner/proprietor or senior management.
Any questions or problems you can contact
The Green Team Tel: + 11 24329452 or mob: +919810529609
We look forward to working with you over the coming months as we take you on your sustainability journey.Thank you!
P.S. For full details of the process as an accommodation provider – view a link here.
Introduction to the Self-Assessment
The focus of this self-assessment questionnaire is to initiate the process of examining your own accommodation provision – both internally within your operations and externally within the greater community and the natural environment.
This self-assessment contains questions targeting three key factors:
- Economic issues of your operations
- Socio-Cultural impacts of your operations
- Ecological and environmental impacts of your operations
This is one of the assessment processes to benchmark your practices, which would be rated as per the TOFTigers certification rating process.
An accurate completion of the form is essential and could affect your rating and ranking
The approach to questions will allow us an accurate assessment of a. Current PRACTICE b. Currently DO NOT PRACTICE c. Don’t do, but AIM TO PRACTICE d. N/A (Not Applicable / The factors are not used for your operations)
The TOFTigers Certification criteria are recognized by the Global Sustainable Tourism Council, a body set up by the United Nations to help develop sustainable tourism. They also work within the Indian Sustainable Tourism Criteria of the Ministry of Tourism (Aug 2014)